We’re on cloud 9, dancing in stilettos and timberland boots, y’all! Why you ask – especially on a chilly Monday? Well, Live In Color blog was nominated for the Liebster Award by a cool blog we follow, Monday Morning Motivation (part of I am Worth The Effort Initiative) which features posts about relationships, faith and bringing awareness to human trafficking. Thank you so much for nominating us, L. Dwain Boswell!
Okay, I know, your next question is so what the heck is the Liebster Award? Bloggers nominate other bloggers (many of which are new to the blogosphere); it encourages us to keep pounding away on that keyboard (or in my case iPhone) and creating content.
So, here are the rules of the award, according to our fellow blogger L. Dwain Boswell at Monday Morning Motivation (part of I am Worth The Effort Initiative):
1. Post acceptance post and include a thank you to the blogger who nominated you.
2. Choose at least 10 bloggers you wish to nominate with links to their blogs.
3. Answer 10 questions your nominator sent to you.
4. Include 10 questions for your nominees to answer.
Questions for us, and our answers:
1. Why did you start blogging? We wanted to inspire, empower and encourage other women to live life fully and in color. We also love sharing our stories, along with posts about style, inspiration and culture.
2. What is your best blogging tip? Write only about what you love, what moves you immensely.
3. What is your favorite time of the year? Summer!
4. What is your favorite movie and why? Hmm… This is tough question!! I would say the deeply moving film by Mira Nair, Kama Sutra: A Tale of Love; it introduces us to a woman who defines herself for herself in a time and place (India) when this was nearly impossible.
5. Your earliest memory goes back to what age? Wow. I would say the age of 4.
6. If you had to teach something what would you teach? Probably a hybrid arts course of style, literature and contemporary independent film.
7. Would you rather have more time or money? Definitely money, it helps to provide so much autonomy.
8. What makes you smile? Oh so much! Beauty and love (my husband and baby daughter, my family), faith in God, stilettos, cupcakes, Sex and the City (movie, every season), poetry, martinis, Kate Spade purses, great conversations with friends, discovering new music from artists like Ayo and Cody ChestnuTT. I could go on and on.
9. If you were not scared, what would you do? Move to Bali.
10. What do you do for fun? Dance in stilettos, visit art galleries and museums, read vicariously (fashion magazines, books, blogs and articles), watch great indie films like The Sapphires, write poetry, travel, yoga / meditate and hang with friends.
Here are the blogs we nominated:
Questions for our nominees to answer:
1. What inspires your blog posts / content?
2. What do you enjoy most about blogging?
3. Were you surprised we nominated your blog?
4. Name one thing that is on your bucket list.
5. What’s your favorite art form – music, fashion, film, literature, etc.? Why?
6. What dreams keep you up at night? Are you pursuing them?
7. What country would you like to visit and why?
8. Is there anything, or anyone you cannot live without? Why?
9. How do you begin your day?
10. What does the phrase “live in color” mean to you?
Live In Color! – Emelda, Valencia, Shannon and Bonita
Latest posts by Emelda De Coteau (see all)
- Freedom for All, Not Just a Few - July 4, 2019
- Inspiration For Your Ears & Soul: From Lauren Daigle’sInspiring Music to Victory Over Struggle - October 20, 2018
- Blogging Again – Staying Woke & In Faith - October 17, 2018