- Freedom for All, Not Just a Few - July 4, 2019
- Inspiration For Your Ears & Soul: From Lauren Daigle’sInspiring Music to Victory Over Struggle - October 20, 2018
- Blogging Again – Staying Woke & In Faith - October 17, 2018
One’s spirit can soar, unbound, within the confines of prison walls, or sadly sink, burdened and oppressed in a luxurious mansion. Freedom is a choice; its yours if you embrace it, courageously and fully. Otherwise, the silent acquiescence of stifled dreams slowly eats at our souls.
There are moments when the lesson becomes lucid, denial of truth, however arduous, becomes impossible to face. As I write this blog post, I release an albatross from my neck, and instead usher in promise where self doubt took root.
In this moment, close your eyes and envision yourself transcending the most arduous obstacle.
Would you abandon damaged relationships, concern about others perceptions, or your own myopic view of yourself? Unpack it all mentally, and then make the decision to be free.
Here are some suggestions to jump start your journey:
1. Prayer & Mediation – Take a few moments each day, turn off the television and radio. Seek God’s guidance through prayer.
It’s simple. Try saying: “Show me the way, God. Help me to walk into freedom by leaving behind my damaging realtionship, etc.”
Find a quiet place. Sit alone, breath in and out. Nothing constructive emerges from confusion. Before you plan those next steps towards freedom, you require an unencumbered mind.
2. Vision Board – Dr. Wayne Dyer talks and writes about shifting the focus towards the life we would like. This is the purpose of a vision board, its an authentic visual representation of your dreams and goals.
Get busy! Head to your local store for a cork board, poster or any other material and begin posting what you would like to see in your life.
Include all of the important elements – relationships (spiritual, familial, romantic, etc.) Is it a new business / career, or home? Tack it up where you can see it everyday.
3. Write it Down, The Next Steps – Move from visualizing your future to insuring it takes place by writing out your goals – 1yr., 5yrs., 10 yrs. For instance, list the goal and then the steps needed to manifest these new phases of your life.
For Further Reading:
Your Sacred Self: Making The Decision to be Free Dr. Wayne Dyer
Share your progress & feedback below. How are you becoming free?